Saturday, September 1, 2012

Budget time

Okay, moment of truth...I love budgets.  I really do.  I love everything about them...I love thinking about budgets, I love writing up budgets, I love looking over the budget, and I LOVE keeping to the budget.  So far so good today.  I had to stop in at Target today for a few items I missed on my grocery list.  I can not tell you how disciplined I needed to be.  I walked past a 50% off shelf and started browsing.  There were some great deals on dishes!  But, I committed to no frivolous spending this month of  September and darn it...I'm sticking to it.  Plus, I have enough plates...why would I even consider buying more?  So, I put the beautiful 50% off dishes back on the shelf and kept walking.  I actually walked out of Target with ONLY the items I intended to get!  Honestly, it felt very good once I was out of the store with only the items I needed!  Now, I have made a budget for September...have you?  I have noticed keeping a budget really does keep me more accountable.  If you aren't too comfortable with a budget...well, you might want to get comfortable with it.  Because if you are serious about getting out of debt, I have no idea how you are going to do it if you don't keep track of your spending.  And, for all of you out there who don't update your checkbook...I think you might want to reconsider that!  It's so very important to KNOW your balance...to KNOW your purchases.  Give it a try...you might just like it!!

Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is servant to the lender.
Proverbs 22:7

No comments:

Post a Comment